Food for Health
Powerful Patient 2008 week 26
Joyce Graff, host, on webtalkradio.net
Beginning June 23, 2008
Program guide for this show
Allergies, Attention Deficit Disorder, and Diabetes are nearly epidemic now in America, and much is due to the way our food is processed and brought to market. It’s not just our food choices, it’s how our food is modified. We talk with David Sandoval to learn what to eat -- and what to avoid.
About Our Guest
David Sandoval was a kid with ADD who made up his mind to conquer his condition. He began to study the relationship between what he ate, how he felt, and how his mind worked. Little by little, he conquered the effects of ADD.
After watching friends and family suffer – and sometimes succumb – to the ravages of diseases like cancer, diabetes, obesity and arthritis, Sandoval decided to devote his life to making a difference in the health of others. He has researched and studied with the world’s premiere authorities on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Ayurvedic medicine, and western holistic medicine, including his mentor, Ann Wigmore, the founder of the Hippocrates Health Institute and the world’s foremost advocate of raw food nutrition.
The result of Sandoval’s journey is the “Plant-Based Nutrition Program,” which he created under the premise that “there is no safer approach to getting well than nature’s approach!”
In this conversation we talk about ADD, gluten allergy (celiac disease), allergies to peanuts and other foods, lupus, dementia, and educating your doctor about healthy eating.
Program guide for this show
A Few Key Points
A few key points from our discussion with David:
- Use natural detergents and cleaners for every surface that will come into contact with food or with your skin.
- Limit the use of plastics to store food. Use glass or waxed paper instead.
- When reheating in the microwave, use glass containers, not plastic. No plastic should come into contact with the food when it is being heated.
- He recommends discarding or declining to buy any product that contains any of the following. This is especially important for anyone with allergies or difficulty losing weight.
- High-fructose corn syrup
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG) which is sometimes called “natural flavoring” or “flavor enhancers”
- Hydrogenated oils
- Artificial coloring
- Limit food products that contain added soy protein or gluten, which contain phytoestrogen, more than is needed by most people
- When using foods without preservatives, remember that they will not last as long on the shelf or in the refrigerator – buy less and freeze or consume it within the recommended number of days.
David’s Battle Plans
Sandoval and his colleagues have assembled a set of guidelines or “battle plans” for dealing with a number of common disorders through healthy eating. These are information brochures which should be reviewed with your doctor to make sure they are appropriate for your particular condition.
These brochures are available free on his website: http://www.mypurium.com. Choose “Education”, and then “Battle Plans”. He has suggestions for the following, and occasionally there is an accompanying audio recording of an informational conference call.
· Acne Battle Plan (pdf)
· ADD Battle Plan (pdf)
· Overcoming Addictions Battle Plan (pdf) - listen to conference call on 04/25/07
· Autism Battle Plan (pdf) - listen to conference call on 04/18/07
· Breast Cancer Battle Plan (pdf)
· Candida Battle Plan (pdf)
· Cholesterol Battle Plan (pdf)
· Diabetes Battle Plan (pdf)
· Eczema Battle Plan (pdf)
· Fasting Protocols (pdf)
· Fertility Battle Plan (pdf)
· Fibroids & Endometriosis (pdf)
· Fibromyalgia Battle Plan (pdf) - listen to conference call on 05/09/07
· Glaucoma Battle Plan (pdf) - listen to conference call on 06/27/07
· Hair Loss Prevention Battle Plan (pdf)
· Healthy Pregnancy Action Plan (pdf)
· Hepatitis Battle Plan (pdf) - listen to conference call on 05/02/07
· HIV/Aids Battle Plan (pdf)
· Hypertension Battle Plan (pdf)
· Hypothyroidism Battle Plan (pdf)
· Lupus Battle Plan (pdf)
· Menopause Battle Plan (pdf)
· Multiple Sclerosis Battle Plan (pdf)
· Osteoporosis Battle Plan (pdf)
· Parkinson's Disease (pdf)
· Prostate Battle Plan (pdf) - listen to conference call on 06/13/07
· Weight Gain Battle Plan (pdf)
· Weight Loss Battle Plan (pdf) - listen to conference call on 01/10/07